Sorry, no pics of my latest culinary delicacies. I was tempted because they were so fantastic. Perhaps tomorrow….
In the meantime, I must tell you. Something very bizarre is happening to me. First it was the clothing. About a year ago, I noticed it. I could no longer wear leather. I’d become one of those people I used to shake my head and roll my eyes at. No leather for me. No purses, no shoes, no belts, no UGGS (so wanted UGGS this carazay winter!).
It SUCKS that my pinkberry case is leather and that there’s nothing I can do about it because it has a special magnet in it that locks the pinkberry so I don’t dial China by accident or something, BUT every time I look at it, I mourn….
Anyway, I knew this little event — the day I stopped wearing leather — would evolve into even MORE intrusive proclivities…. And, this week — the week the husband traveled sans moi to balmy BAHAMAS — it happened. I’ve become vegetarian almost fully.
I say ALMOST fully because I’m still nursing. ALMOST fully means I may eat chicken, turkey or salmon once or twice a week WHILE gagging. Yes, chicken is becoming physically repulsive to me. It won’t be long before I banish it completely.
I just love animals too much. I empathize with them. When I eat chicken, I FEEL for that chicken! I thank it…, but thanking it isn’t enough for me anymore.
What’s more? Since I started eating vegetarian — really macrobiotic — meals, my weight’s been dropping LIKE IT’S HAWT, I feel cleaner, and I’m less apt to eat at night….
Leonardo Da Vinci was a vegetarian…. So was Einstein! And, Plato, Socrates, Aristotle…. I learned this today while searching for my Thursday thirteen……
I’ll still have to cook nonveg meals, like, for Josh-O and the kids because I can’t make this choice for them…. But, I’ll stick to eating my grains and beans and nuts and veggies. I can still do dairy and eggs. I’ll never give up cheeeeeese.
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
…13 CELEBRITY VEGETARIANS! My fellow veggies are HAWT! Check it!!!
1. NATALIE PORTMAN — ““I am a very strict vegetarian … I just really, really love animals, and I act on my values.” Natalie has also launched a VEGAN SHOE line. I MUST check it out…. Cheaty needs some new SHOES!
2. PAUL MCCARTNEY — “Many years ago, I was fishing, and as I was reeling in the poor fish, I realized, ‘I am killing him – all for the passing pleasure it brings me.’ Something inside me clicked.”
3. ALICIA SILVERSTONE — “Being vegan helped me realize I can say and do what I believe is right. That’s powerful.”
4. CARRIE UNDERWOOD — “I stopped eating beef at 13 and stopped eating all meat a few years ago. I would feel guilty that what was on my plate was walking around yesterday. Either I could live with that or stop eating meat. I choose the latter, and I’m happier for it.”
5. KEVIN EUBANKS — “I didn’t start eating this way because of concern for animal rights or anything like that,” says Eubanks. “I just couldn’t stand the meat we were getting, and being a broke student, I just gravitated towards fresh fruits, vegetables, grains and some fish.”
6. ALYSSA MILANO — “I turned vegetarian after 9/11. A friend of mine came back from New York and said that he couldn’t stand the smell of burnt flesh. It immediately reminded me of a barbecue.”
7. CHRIS MARTIN (…the silent type, of course)
8. JOSS STONE — “I feel there is no need to cause another living thing pain or harm. There are so many other things we can eat. I have never eaten meat in my life and I’m five feet 10 inches and not exactly wasting away. A wise man once said, ‘Animals are my friends and I’m not in the habit of eating my friends.’ That is exactly how I feel.”
9. PAMELA ANDERSON — “”Chickens, pigs, and other animals … are interesting individuals with personalities and intelligence. … What people need to understand is that if they’re eating animals, they are promoting cruelty to animals.”
10. JOAQUIN PHOENIX — “”Holidays can be murder on turkeys. Let’s make this one for the birds.”
11. SHANIA TWAIN — “I think there’s something odd about eating another living anything.”
12. TOBY MAGUIRE — “I just never really liked meat. I had a really tough time even eating chicken. I would start imagining what I was eating and the life of the animals and all that kind of stuff.”
13. CASEY AFFLECK — “When people ask me why I don’t eat meat or any other animal products, I say, ‘Because they are unhealthy and they are the product of a violent and inhumane industry.’”